Modern life is hard, and exhausting in a new way. Not physically exhausted from building fences, clearing brush or churning butter. But mind tired from intrusions of noise, people, messages from multiple platforms, technology gadgets, advertising, rules, 24-hour everything.
There is no break. No silence. No peace. When was the last time you watched the stars? Or felt the morning sun touch your face?
So if you are exhausted from traveling or simply getting through your day without losing it. Try to carve out some time for a little self-love. You are so worth it.
1. Close your eyes and rest in a quiet, dark room to relax.
2. Watch what you eat and drink. Limit caffeine and alcohol and don't skip breakfast.
3. Give the phone a rest in another room. Turn the ringer off/silence your phone and resist the urge to constantly check for updates. If a true emergency happens, people will actually come to your door! Imagine that.
4. Relax by breathing deeply often, to slow yourself down. Take a deep breath by slowly inhaling and exhaling for 3 seconds.
5. Take a moment to appreciate the surroundings around you - outside if possible. Close your eyes and just focus on the smells, sounds and sense of nature. Or listen to calming music. Slowly sip a cup of tea.
6. Give yourself permission to clear your mind. Most of what it is worried about never happens anyhow.
7. As you rest, imagine that you are relaxing from toe to head. Start by letting your toes go limp, then your ankles, legs, hips, torso, arms, chest, neck and finally, your head. You should try to do this as slowly as possible, really focus on releasing every ounce of tension.
8. Have some fruit/leaf/green/mint tea. These are great for de-stressing you, especially chamomile. Tea can be enjoyed warm or in a big glass with ice. Enjoy the taste and smell of the tea. Yes it takes time to make -- a few minutes, but that is part of the process.
9. Laugh with friends and family.
10. Pamper yourself with hair conditioning, facial mask, pedicure, manicure, or massage. You can do this at home for almost nothing.
Our Head Case kit contains all you need for some in room pampering to recover from a nutty day.